Southern Regional College are offering a range of FREE courses through the Skill Up – Flexible Skills Fund which is designed to boost participation in lifelong learning and reduce key skills imbalances in areas where there are skills shortages.
Economy Minister Gordon Lyons launched Skill Up, a new initiative to deliver free training places, in an investment of up to £23million. Supported by the Northern Ireland Office, Skill Up will fully fund the local further education colleges and universities to deliver approximately 15,000 training places in over 250 subject areas for qualification ranging from Level 2 up to Level 7.
Tracy Rice, Head of Business Engagement at SRC commented: “We welcome the Skill Up investment and the opportunities it will provide for people to upskill and reskill at SRC. This support will help many people to take steps to improve their skills and employability and ultimately contribute to the recovery of the Northern Ireland economy.”
She continued: “Courses are free and are open to applicants employed, unemployed and economically inactive. There is a diverse range of areas such as Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, Childcare, Computing, Digital Marketing, Green Technologies, Health and Social Care, Leadership and Management, Life and Health Science and Graduate Programmes”.
Courses/Programmes Available in:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
- Digital Marketing
- Green Technologies
- Health & Social Care
- Leadership & Management
Graduate Programmes Available in:
- Digital Marketing
- Data Analytics
- Future Leaders
- Other Programmes – Women Returners (Business Admin)
Eligibility for all courses:
- Must be 18 on or before course start date.
- Eligible to work in Northern Ireland.
- ‘Settled’ in Northern Ireland, and has been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least three years; or is a person who has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK.
- Candidates are only permitted to complete a maximum of 2 free courses at a time.