Founded in 1979, Macrete Ireland Ltd is at the forefront of the precast concrete engineering industry. Supplying materials and expertise to UK blue chip construction companies, Macrete Ireland Ltd are specialists in precast solutions for the sea defence, civil engineering, railway infrastructure, sports stadia and water and utility sectors.
Based in Northern Ireland, the Company utilises a 45-acre site at Toomebridge, Co. Antrim. The manufacturing facilities include:
- State of the art manufacturing machines and systems.
- Modern batching plants with waste management systems.
- A testing laboratory where thorough concrete strength analysis is carried out.
- Moulding workshops and casting workshops exist with contemporary equipment.
- A 250Kw wind turbine, which is used to supply the factory, with any excess power being exported to the grid.
- A 50Kw solar PV array, which is used to supply the factory, with any excess power being exported to the grid.
- Workshops are heated using a waste wood burner.
- Water harvesting processes and facilities.
- Low energy LED lighting fitted throughout the factory
- Space is also available to allow for full trial builds of structures and for storage purposes.
- We provide employment for in excess of 130 people. All personnel are competent, fully trained and supervised.