In the United Kingdom, Collins Aerospace designs, develops, manufactures and supports a comprehensive range of solutions for ministries of defense, integrators, aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business-jet operators and many other customers worldwide. We help make military missions more effective, pilots more aware and flights safer and more enjoyable.
We work in partnership with British companies to deliver the right solutions in a number of areas, including:
- Seats and galleys
- Actuation systems
- Simulation and training
- Communication and targeting systems
- Wheels and brakes
- Engine components
- Network-enabled and communication infrastructures
- Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR)
- Composite materials
We are strongly committed to investing in the UK, where Collins Aerospace provides a workforce that adds value to the UK economy and supports the extended supply chain. We create our own intellectual property and contribute to the exportation of aerospace and defense products and systems outside Europe.
Through our collaboration with the European aerospace and defense industrial base, including small and medium-sized enterprises and mid-caps, Collins Aerospace in the UK brings affordable and disruptive technologies and capabilities to the collective development, competitiveness and security interests of Europe.
World-class facilities combine with a dedicated and talented workforce from across the UK to create a single-minded commitment: redefining aerospace in ways that expand what our customers can achieve.
Design and manufacturing expertise
- Mechanical systems
- Mission systems
- Power and controls
Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)
- A legacy of over 60 years as a supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence
- V/UHF secure radio supplier for seven different frontline Royal Air Force and Royal Navy aircraft types
- Provider of ground-based situational awareness and targeting systems to the British Army and international customers
- Ongoing support to established position of assured positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) provider to all components of the BOWMAN system
- A leading supplier of Level D compliant visual systems to worldwide airlines and commercial aircrew training centers
- Global leader in the supply of visual systems for military flight simulators, including trainer aircraft, fast jets and wide-body and rotary-wing aircraft. Aircraft types include F-35, F-16, Typhoon, C-130, A400M, UH-60 Black Hawk, MV-22 Osprey and many more