South West College (SWC) are preparing to celebrate Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week which runs from 26-30 April 2021. The Colleges showcase virtual event ‘Get Engineering’, will take place on Tuesday 27 April from 5:30-7pm.
The event, organised by SWC in conjunction with local employers, will offer visitors the chance to find out more about local engineering apprenticeship opportunities starting from September 2021.
About this Event
- Learn about the benefits of becoming and hiring an apprentice.
- The event will offer visitors the chance to hear from potential employers and discover what apprenticeships are available at the College.
- Hear from current apprentices and how its benefited them
- Aspiring apprentices will hear about upcoming recruitment opportunities from a range of local engineering companies.
- The Virtual event will take the format of interactive online webinars with a live Q+A function and will be hosted live on You Tube Premiere.
- Local engineering employers will be showcasing their companies and apprenticeship opportunities in engineering, business management and IT.
- Learn more about the broad spectrum of disciplines in engineering from local companies, their support functions, their apprentices and ‘How to Apply for Apprenticeships’.
- Register for the event and get a chance to win a £100 Amazon Voucher!!
Michael McAlister SWC Principal and Chief Executive said “The Get Engineering Virtual Careers Fair is a great opportunity for young people and their parents to hear for themselves what apprenticeships are available. It is designed to give school leavers and those looking to further their career prospects a valuable opportunity to experience at first hand the variety of exciting job options available to them and the high-quality skills training that is on offer to help them realise their ambitions right here on their doorstep.
“With the growing costs of university tuition fees, it is vital that ambitious young people wishing to obtain higher level qualifications are aware of the range of options available to help them make better, informed choices and I would encourage the community to register to attend to see what is on offer.”
How do I join the event? Sign Up HERE
Joining the event on the day is as simple as 1, 2, 3;
1. Once registered, you will receive email confirmation alongside any further details about the event.
2. As the event approaches, you will receive reminders alongside various updates such as what companies will be exhibiting as well as what roles they are hiring for.
3. Just before the event starts, you will be emailed a unique link which will grant you access to the event.