The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), in collaboration with Innovate UK, recently opened the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 1: Spring 2021 competition window and would like to invite you to join our competition briefing webinar on Tuesday 8 June 2021.
The briefing event will share important information on the current competition window and showcase some of the projects funded in Phase 1 of the IETF.
Businesses in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can now bid for up to £40 million in grant funding through the new competition window, which is open for applications until Wednesday 14 July 2021.
The competition will provide grant funding towards the costs of:
- Deployment of mature energy efficiency technologies that improve industrial process energy efficiency and reduce energy demand.
- Feasibility and engineering studies for projects deploying mature energy efficiency technologies or deep decarbonisation technologies.
IETF Phase 1: Spring 2021 stakeholder event
IETF invite you to join our online IETF Phase 1: Spring 2021 briefing webinar on Tuesday 8 June 2021.
The briefing event will include an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail
- Hear from industrial site owners who were funded in Phase 1
- Eligibility criteria
- How to make an application for funding
- IETF support and information services available for businesses
- Network online and develop partnerships for the competitions
- Speak with BEIS and Innovate UK online for one-to-one discussions about the competition.
Benefits of joining the webinar:
The webinar will benefit a number of organisations and professionals including:
- Manufacturing companies
- Data centres
- Energy efficiency and decarbonisation innovators and professionals interested in collaborating on a project
To register for the webinar, please visit our registration site.
To help potential applicants to find suitable partners for the competition, we have launched the IETF networking platform. BEIS and Innovate UK will be offering one-to-one confidential discussions via the networking platform on the day of the briefing event and you can book meetings with them through the IETF networking platform. To register, please visit https://ietf-spring.meeting-mojo.com
IETF Virtual Technology Marketplace
The Technology Marketplace supports industrial site owners (eligible manufacturers and data centres) preparing to bid for the IETF. It features pre-screened videos showing technologies eligible for the IETF competition. Covering both energy efficiency and decarbonisation technology areas, they will give manufacturers and data centre owners ideas and contacts for technologies that could be deployed on their industrial sites in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
The Technology Marketplace will remain open until 14 July when the competition closes.
To register for the Technology Marketplace, please visit our registration site.
Upload a video to the Virtual Technology Marketplace
If you’re a technology provider with an energy efficiency and/or decarbonisation technology, you can showcase your offer to eligible industrial site owners via the Technology Marketplace.
Simply record a video (no more than five minutes long) which will be assessed and, if relevant to the IETF competition, uploaded to the Marketplace.
- Your technology must be at TRL8-9 for energy efficiency technologies and at TRL 7-9 for decarbonisation technologies.
- Your technology must help industrial sites to reduce their energy demand and carbon emissions relating to the manufacturing process not site-wide.
The Technology Marketplace provides you with a huge opportunity to get in front of manufacturers and data centre owners, giving them ideas for technologies that could be deployed on their industrial sites in England, Wales or Northern Irelandt could be deployed on their industrial sites in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
Please upload your videos here
To find out more about the £40 million IETF Phase 1: Spring 2021 competition, view the applicant guidance and make an application for funding, please visit our competition page.