Ulster University is currently inviting applications for a new, free (DfE funded) course on using market intelligence to identify market gaps in food and drink.
The course is worth £850 FULLY funded by DfE. It is aimed at product developers, innovation chefs, marketing teams and customer insight teams trying to understand shifts in consumer behaviour.
It forms part of our MSc Food Design and Innovation. For anyone wishing to progress their studies upon completion they will gain an advanced standing onto the PgCert or the full MSc. On completion of this course they will gain 20 credit points.
The Entry Requirements:
- The course is specifically targeted towards people who have been directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To be eligible for a funded place on the course, they must meet one of the criteria below:
- Unemployed since 1 March 2020 – evidence: redundancy notice or recent welfare benefit [probably not relevant to businesses]
- Furloughed at any time since March 2020 – evidence: provide confirmation from employer
- Economically Inactive and partner furloughed, unemployed or on reduced earnings as a result of impact of COVID-19 – evidence: confirmation from employer; benefit/grant application/HMRC scheme application
- Self-employed and income affected by COVID-19 – evidence: benefit or Self Employed Income Support application
- They must also meet the following entry criteria:
- Hold a Second-Class Honours Degree or better OR have significant managerial / business experience
- At least one year’s managerial/executive/owner position within a Food & Drink company
- Meet the University’s English Language Requirements
If a candidate does not have a degree but shows extensive food industry experience we would be happy to interview them on Tuesday 27thApril to check their applicability.
This course will be taught over 4 days; 5th, 6th and 13th May with a half day on 20th May and 4th June.
Applications are invited via the upskill website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/upskill/business/food-choice-culture-and-environment
Any queries email: email@example.com