In Engineering: Take a closer look, a project funded by The Royal Academy of Engineering, Manufacturing NI will work with engineers to help them engage with and building more positive relationships between industry and schools within the Roe Valley Learning Network, to inspire the next generation into a career in engineering. The programme aims to build awareness of engineering and to address stereotypes in how people relate to engineering promoting diversity and inclusion.
This FREE programme is open to engineers who will receive FREE multimedia masterclasses and 1-1 mentoring on creating online content that will change the perception of engineering and public engagement techniques which will help them to gain experience in communicating to younger people on engineering. A series of interactive workshops on industry 4.0 and digital transformation will also be included in the programme.
Benefits For Engineers
- Inspire creative public engagement with engineering
- Motivate engineers to share their stories, passion and expertise
- Develop their communication, digital marketing, multimedia and engagement skills
- Raise awareness of the diversity, nature and impact of engineering
- Provide opportunities for engineers to engage with groups underrepresented in engineering
Benefits For Companies
- Outreach activities to promote career opportunities in engineering
- Building more positive links with local schools
- Promotion of diversity and inclusion
- Engineers will gain transferable skills to bring back into the organisation
- Change the mindset by addressing stereotypes of what a role in engineering is