March 23rd marks 100 days until the deadline to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).
This milestone is a great opportunity for us to work together to bring the fast- approaching deadline to the attention of EU, EEA and Swiss citizens in your local authority. The Home Office announced last week that there has now been more the five million applications so far, with over 83,000 from Northern Ireland.
All EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members, who were resident in the UK by 31 December 2020, should apply without delay so that they can continue to work, study, access free healthcare and benefits in the UK after 30 June 2021.
A reminder of key points and support available:
- If an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and their family members have lived in the UK for many years or have a permanent residence document or EEA Biometric Residence Card (BRC), they still need to apply to the EUSS (or apply for British Citizenship) by 30 June 2021 to continue to live and work in the UK.
- An application must be made for every eligible child within a family. Parents should apply on behalf of their children even if they have already applied and been granted a status themselves.
- Eligible close family members living overseas can apply to join an EU, EEA or Swiss family member who started living in the UK by 31 December 2020. More information on joining family members can be found on GOV.UK
- Those who have successfully applied to the EUSS can access their pre-settled or settled status online at: www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status.
- A range of support is available to those that need help to apply. Please help us reach these people by sharing the link to support services across your channels: www.gov.uk/help-eu-settlement-scheme