Skills Solutions Service - Here To Help You!
The Department for Employment and Learning’s Skills Solutions service helps employers understand and access the Department’s training provision.
The service has a team of trained Skills Advisers who work across Northern Ireland providing information, advice and guidance on how to access training, seek financial support and learn more about what help is available for a business train and develop existing and new staff.
There is a range of programmes available through Skills Solutions.
The main programmes are:-
1. Customised Training
This programme is designed to enhance the skills base within a small to medium sized business. Where no existing training product meets the need of a business, a tailored training project can be created. Funding is available for accredited training at Level 2 or above. Funding rates are typically a 75% contribution from the Department with the company paying the remaining 25%. Professional or industry standard training will also be considered.
2. Business Improvement Techniques
This is a NVQ level 2 in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) to upskill the existing Northern Ireland manufacturing workforce. The programme aims to improve business performance in quality, cost, delivery and safety. The programme is highly regarded, delivering quantifiable returns, which results in productivity improvements. These demonstrate clear business benefits and positively impacts on the bottom line of companies.
3. Bridge to Employment
A pre-employment programme aimed at providing short, customised training courses to equip unemployed people, and those returning to the labour market, with the skills necessary to compete for new employment opportunities on an equal basis with others. The programme helps employers with advertising vacancies, customised training of unemployed people to the job requirements and other associated recruitment services at no cost to the employer.
Our team of Skills Advisers can help employers understand what the various programmes can do for their business as well as providing information about financial support that may be available to them.
Using the Skills Solutions service couldn’t be easier. You can contact the team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 9090 5251. Our ‘one stop shop’ can save you time and effort and has clear tangible benefits for your business.