QUB Robotics & Automation Open Day
The Centre for Intelligent Autonomous Manufacturing Systems (i-AMS), at QUB are hosting their Robotics and Automation Open Day on Saturday, 24th June 2017, 10am – 3pm Ashby building, 125 Stranmillis Road, Belfast, BT9 5AH. Within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences at Queen’s, i-AMS is an interdisciplinary team of researchers spanning the disciplines of Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Psychology working together to develop innovative technologies and solutions to address the challenges of Industry 4.0.
What you'll see on the day?
- Manufacturing robots
- ST robotics
- R12Universal robot
- UR10Parallel kinematic machines
- Human like robotsBaxter robots
- NAO robotsSubmarine robots
- RobosubOpen RoV
- Rubik’s cube solver
- Virtual reality (VR)
- Augmented reality (Smart glasses)
- 3D factory simulation
- 3D scanning
- Building your own drone
- Building your own 3D printer
- Programming a robot
- Segway/hover board
- Mini lectures
- Light refreshments will be provided
Robots and automation are increasingly becoming an essential part of our life and economy. Application areas include medical surgery, traffic management, agriculture, environmental monitoring, marine exploration, aerospace, and manufacturing. The robotics and automation open day at Queen’s University Belfast aims to showcase our research and educational activities in this exciting and rapidly growing field.
On the day, you will find out the vision for robots in factories of the future, how they interact with humans and the environment, how to programme robots, and how to build one from scratch. You will also have the chance to have a go on a Segway and try our robot assisted Virtual Reality systems.
Throughout the day there will be a series of mini-lectures covering topics from robotics and virtual reality research at Queen’s University Belfast, to intelligent manufacturing, internet of things and industry 4.0.
Mini Lectures (Board room)
- 10:40 - 10:50 Introduction to i-AMS and industry 4.0 – Prof Seán McLoone
- 10:50 - 11:00 Flexible Manipulation and Manufacturing by Serial and Parallel Robots– Dr Yan Jin
- 11:00 - 11:10 Robot assisted manufacturing – Colm Higgins (followed by guided tour)
- 12:15 - 12:25 Robot assisted manufacturing – Colm Higgins (followed by guided tour)
- 13:00 - 13:10 Introduction to i-AMS and industry 4.0 – Prof Seán McLoone
- 13:10 - 13:20 Flexible Manipulation and Manufacturing by Serial and Parallel Robots– Dr Yan Jin
- 13:20 - 13:30 Robot assisted manufacturing – Colm Higgins (followed by guided tour)
For more information, visit IAMS